Most people have an interesting relationship with their clothes. Some people don't care enough about the clothes they wear. (That was me in the 7th grade. I wore the same old, ripped sweatshirt at school every day for a large part of the year. It mortified my mom, so I had to keep the sweatshirt in my locker. That way she did not know that I was wearing it all the time. But I always had a different set of clean clothes underneath my sweatshirt, so I never understood what was such a big deal.) Some people are always buying clothes. Others always want to buy clothes. And some people fall in love with one special outfit. That would describe my Joshua.
This summer, all he wanted to wear was his "Big Bird" outfit. This outfit consists of shorts and a t-shirt. If either part of the outfit was in his drawer, he would put it on. If it was on the floor or in the dirty clothes, he would put it on. If he found it somewhere in the basement by the laundry, he would put it on. He loves that outfit. He did not need to wear both the shirt and the shorts at the same time. Either one would work. But the weather has gotten colder here and we had to take away the Big Bird outfit. So he had to find an outfit to wear this fall and winter. Mary and I were worried that this would be difficult because he really loves shorts and is not a fan of pants. Unexpectedly, he fell in love with a pair of green corduroy pants.
Of course, he wears them every day. Already we have resorted to hiding them in the washing machine because he can't see them when they are in there.
So if you meet a redhead talking about his "green quarter boys," then I would guess you met Joshua.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That remote control trantula is a very cool toy. Brianna or Tristan has one. Besides, trantulas themselves are cool. A british accent, huh, And we thought we would have to deal with a New England one.Surprising.
Post a Comment