Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Self Restraint

I ran to the grocery store this evening to pick up one item: a can of sweetened condensed milk. I walked down the bakery aisle and passed the seasonal candy. There they were, staring at me from the middle of the shelf, Cadbury Mini Eggs. I looked down. They were 50 cents off this week. Should I buy them? They are on sale and who doesn't love a sale? My stomach said yes while my waistline yelled no. I did a double take and eventually walked away. Score one for the waistline.

But you know that in a month's time, I am going to be seriously jonesing for some Cadbury Mini Eggs. I will look in numerous stores and they will be all sold out even though there will be weeks until Easter.

Sometimes, you can't win for losing and this time I will lose even though I "won" tonight. That's life.
If you have never listened to Adele before, you need to check out this song. We have been listening to in in our house for the last few months. If you are interested in something a little more off the beaten path, you can check this song out as well.

2 comments:

beezbond said...

is it really a victory to pass up chocolate
shallow victory at best

OnCallMom said...

Not only did you pass up chocolate, but CADBURY MINI EGGS! I am totally with you. This is my favorite seasonal candy of the year. Also...CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy! So exciting. :)