Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More Musings and Stories

Tonight, Caleb took the Krispy Kreme ornament from the tree. It says "Krispy Kreme Original Glazed — Hot Now" and has a flashing light. Caleb took the ornament upstairs and turned off all the lights. It lit up the room well. Then Caleb said, "Look at my awesomeness."

We all admire Caleb's awesomeness.
The other day Mary took the children to the library. Mary let Grace and Caleb each check out a book on tape. Caleb chose a Maurice Sendak book and Grace checked out a Tomie dePaola book.

My Mom is smiling somewhere.
I saw a great bumper sticker the other day: Geek Girl.

You have to love someone who is secure in their geekiness.
I took a trip to Pennsylvania on Monday and Tuesday. Matt and Honor hosted me. I loved going to work on Tuesday and telling people that I had a home cooked steak and potatoes dinner. After dinner, we decorated gingerbread houses with Andrew, Braden, Chase, and Delainey.

I think most of my traveling coworkers wished they had stayed with Matt and Honor.
It has snowed twice here already. I love snow on the ground before Christmas. It really gets me ready for Christmas. Grace and Anna, our neighbor, made a little snowman this weekend. How does it look?

3 comments:

Oliver said...

I'll second Caleb in his awesomeness.

Amadeus said...

Grace, I love your snowman. The matching gloves and hat and the stick arms are my favorite.

Sally said...

Do you guys do past posting or what ever it is called? I do not recall seeing these snowmen pictures. Adorable of the girls. Wonderful snowman. Love, Mom/Sally