She ran there, but he wasn't playing on the stairs. She circled through the family and living rooms and he could not be found. Was he in the bathroom? No banging on the toilet. Now panic is beginning to set in. Is he under the futon? Then his laugh comes again. Where is he?
Mary runs up the stairs and Joshua is laughing in Grace and Caleb's room pulling down books. I guess Joshua can climb all the way up the stairs.
Grace and Caleb love to run errands. One of the stores they like to go to is Costco. Why do they like to go? Is it the toys? the food court? No, it is the boxes. Mary lets them pick out a box to bring home. Grace has one with handles where she stores art projects. Caleb has one he calls "Zoom, Zoom" and carries around cars in it.
Is it weird when your child has named his cardboard box?
Grace and I were talking in the kitchen a while back. Out of nowhere, Grace looked at me and said, "Dad, I need a laptop."
Flabbergasted, I asked, "Why?"
"I don't know. I just think I need my own computer."
I didn't know what to say, so I said the only thing that came to my mind. "Maybe you should talk to Grandpa Dale about that one."
Tuesday Mary watched The Biggest Loser while I made fudge.
It was a delicious irony.
And speaking of irony, have you heard Britney Spears' new song? If you haven't, you need to read the lyrics to "Piece of Me". It is either one of the most brutally honest self-appraisals or incredibly ironic. I can't decide which, but I cannot believe that song was ever recorded. Amazing.
Caleb got a small frog from a recent trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Grace and Caleb have built "Froggie" a little house complete with computer, tv, and bed. When Caleb first got the frog, he called it his "harmless frog".
Why harmless? And why would a 4-year decide it was important to point that out about a plastic frog?
You were waiting for some bumper stickers, weren't you? Here are some of the recent sightings:
- Pre lives
- Don't be fooled by my car, my treasure is in heaven
- Stop Continential Drift
- Warning: Dates in the calendar are closer than they appear
If you haven't purchased Noel by Josh Groban, go buy it and give it as an early Christmas gift. It is worth it.
2 comments:
Noel -- great suggestion, I'll pick it up on my way home!
Love Noel. Great cd. Love the stories. I imagine there are plenty of six and a half year olds in the area with their own computers. No one could ever claim your children lack for imagination. Go, Joshua, Go.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment