Sunday, June 01, 2008

Conversations and Happenings

I was ironing a shirt this morning. That is an extremely rare occurrence. The shirt had sat in the dryer for most of the week. I was talking to Grace and asked her if Mom ironed when she was not sewing quilts.

Grace thought for a second and said, "No, not extensively."
Caleb likes Planet Heroes. Lately we have been coloring pictures from the website. We sat down to color "Earth Ace" and Caleb said, "Dad you can color a pattern or asymigration."

"Asymigration?" I replied.

He thought for a moment and said, "I mean symmetry."
Joshua loves to empty the dishwasher. He will climb right up there and hand you all the dishes. You have to grab the knifes out first.
Joshua also loves animals. His favorite animal is a panda. He calls any animal a "nanda." Well, except for a dog. To "say" dog, he pants.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Okay. I have always been amazed by your children's speech but this is taking it to new heigths. Love, Mom

Kirsten said...

Jared, All I can say is that I'm THRILLED that Mary takes the time to quilt!! Quilters of the world, unite!

Dave has ironed his own shirts since the day we were married... (much to his mother's horror.) If his mission didn't teach him proper clothing care, what good was it?