Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nameless....

Today is March 24th...Robert's birthday. I think it will always be a difficult day for me. There are so many feelings to be felt and much to think about and say. I think a TV show I was watching a month or so ago summed it up best. A family had lost a child and the parents were trying to sort out their grief. The wife said something that really stuck me. In summary it went something like this: when a child loses a parent she or he is called an orphan; when a spouse loses their partner they are called a widow or widower; but, there is just not a word in the human language to describe the word for a parent who loses a child. So...today I will remain nameless. I still miss Robert--he has forever changed my life. Happy 3rd Birthday little one!

9 comments:

Jen said...

There should be a name for it, shouldn't there.
We love you. My friend blogs about her little boy she lost alot. Here is her most recent post: http://harveyhuggle.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-would-he-be-like.html
I think she feels how you feel and sometimes it is good to read what others are feeling as well.
You are not alone, but that doesn't always make it easier.
We love you. May that peace be there with you!
Jen

Jen said...

add an tml on the end of that link and it should work.
It should read this at the end: what-would-he-be-like.html

Jared said...

We miss you Robert.
Sorry I was not around last night.

mattandhonor said...

All our love at this difficult time each year. We think of you often and just the other day Delainey was talking about Robert when we were looking at your blog. I was suprised that she remembered him since she is still pretty young-but there it is. He is still remembered here.

Sally said...

My calendar was appropriately marked. I am so sorry I neglected to make mention of it, due to seldom looking at my calendar. My heart goes out to both of you.

beezbond said...

we mourn with those who mourn
and offer comfort through our prayers and thoughts to comfort those who stand of need of comfort but are far away from our embrace

corey said...

I love you guys. We miss you, and our heart goes out to you at this time. I saw the same thing on tv and wept like a baby when I heard it the first time. Wept again reading this post. Such a true and poignant sentiment. There aren't words to describe it. Happy peaceful thoughts sent to you from NM -- very artsy here, I'm getting to be very zen.

Twinlinebackers said...

I was struck a couple months ago that our Evan wouldn't be a baby anymore - he would be 2 1/2 and a big brother . I think it hurts even more to form that picture in my mind. Happy birthday to Robert. My heart goes out to you in missing your little boy.
(And sorry this is belated. I added your blog to my bookmarks so I can check it more frequently).

Brandy said...

sorry this is so belated, i have been out of the loop the last few months. i can relate very strongly to your feelings. taylor's birthday was april 19th. she would have been one. we talked about having an act of rememberance, but could think of nothing worthy of the significance of her life. we had some prayers and a cake, but i still felt very empty. i know robert is well loved and i know you will not forget him. we love you.

brandy