Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Recent Happenings

We went to the Cambridge side of the Charles River to watch the Boston Fourth of July fireworks on Sunday night. The firework display was great and we had a fun time with a couple of other families that went down with us. Mary and I were concerned that our children would not be getting to bed on time. The biggest concern was about Caleb. He usually gets up at 6:15 regardless of when you put him to bed. Going to bed after 11:00 pm and getting up at 6:00 am was not going to make for a successful day on Monday. On the way back to our car, Mary said, "Caleb if you get up after 7:00 am tomorrow, I will give you 15 extra minutes of Wii time." (The children need to earn time to play the Wii. If you don't earn time, then you don't play.)

Guess what time Caleb woke up at on Saturday? 7:02 am.

At least he slept in?!?!??
Mary and I bought a Michael Buble CD this past week. Joshua loves a couple of his songs after I linked to one for a previous post. We have listened to the song "Home" a couple of times in the car. Yesterday, Grace said to me, "Did you notice that at the beginning of the song he says "summer day" and at the end of the song he says "winter day", Dad?"

It made me so happy to know that she was listening to the lyrics and trying to understand what message they were sending.
We recently went to a John Schmidt concert with our children. He is a pianist and has a fun concert personality. One of the most interesting songs that he played was this one. I thought it was cool mash-up.
I took the children (minus Rebecca) to see Toy Story 3 yesterday. I thought it was great movie. Powerful ideas with some real funny moments and some real poignant moments as well. I think you should go and see it if you haven't.

2 comments:

dankirty said...

Good job Caleb! You need to earn all the extra Wii time you can, Quentin has been practicing and is ready for the challenge. We like to sleep in at our house!!!

beezbond said...

we need to visit you on the fourth some year