Rebecca loves to be outside. She will run out the door if you give her a chance. We have to be really careful with our screen door. If it isn't shut all the way, she will be out on the street before you know it.
This week we came home from an activity around dinner time. I was trying to get everyone inside for dinner. It had rained most of the day and everything was wet. I got the older children inside, but not Rebecca. I told her that she had to come in. She told me she wanted to play basketball. How was my 2-year old going to make a basket at our outdoor hoop? Why would I want her to get all wet?
I told her she had to come in for dinner now. I looked down and around the corner comes the most dejected 2-year old you will ever see. Her chin was buried in her chest with eyes glued to the ground. She was frowning, had slumped her shoulders and was dragging her feet.
How did she pick up that body language? Wasn't she almost 2 at the time? Do all 2 year olds do that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it! A basketball player!
all 2-yr olds with a strong genetic bball make-up
I would have loved a picture of that! realixe it would not have been possible. Love the story and the girl.
Post a Comment