Tuesday, September 11, 2007

All the Colors of the Rainbow

Tonight I was tucking Grace and Caleb into bed and we started playing the color game.

"What does red and blue make?" I asked.

Grace yells, "Purple!"

"And what about blue and yellow?"

She says, "Green."

Caleb is kind of quiet, but he does get in a couple of guesses as we move through other colors. (Red and white, yellow and red, white and black, etc.) I want to say good night and they want more of our game. Desperately I say, "What does green and yellow make?" The question is met by silence. I figure this is a great way to end. I say, "Chartreuse, now its time for bed. Good night and I love you."

I close the door and am halfway down the hall when I hear Grace yelling, "Daaaadddd, what about heliotrope?"

2 comments:

Sally said...

Only Grace,well maybe any of your children, would be concerned about heliotrope. I always appreciate the link as Icontinually forget what it is. Pictures? ove, Mom

Sally said...

Make it love