Friday, May 09, 2008

Another Customer Service Success Story?

Have you ever flown on US Airways before? They are not exactly known for their customer service. Have you ever wondered why?

On April 10th, I flew to Philadelphia. After my meetings, I met my brother Matthew. It was the last time I was going to see him in Philadelphia since he was moving to Florida within the week. He handed me a cardboard box filled with coats, snow pants and other clothes. After talking with Matt, my coworkers and I left for the airport.

We got there in enough time to bump to the earlier flight. The only complication was that my luggage might not make it on that flight. I decided to take the later flight just to be safe. Who wants to deal with the hassle of lost luggage?

I got to Boston and waited for all the luggage to go by. My cardboard box was missing. I went to the baggage claim service. They took my lost property report and told me that they would deliver it within 24 hours.

It did not come. So I called the phone number they gave me. They did not know where my luggage was. I called the next day and the next day. My luggage had disappeared from off their radar. They did not know where it was and I was resigned to the fact that it was gone. I filled out a report to be reimbursed for all the winter clothes in the box and faxed it off. I was not looking forward to dealing with the reimbursement group.

Then out of the blue I was contacted by US Airways on Monday. They had finally found a box matching my description. Yesterday it came. It took exactly 28 days for my luggage to travel from Philadelphia to Boston.

Most luggage can walk that far in 28 days.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Well I'm scared. I left a small insulated bag with two sippy cups, two string cheeses, and a freezer pack on my first flight yesterday. If it takes 28 days I won't want to touch those cups (one is full of milk, the other apple juice). But it was Northwest...