Thursday, May 22, 2008

Je Suis Un Artiste

Caleb has been getting into art. You probably know that Grace is the queen of art, but Caleb has begun to stretch his wings in this arena. He painted this a month ago. (This is the appropriate directionality. It used to hang on a nail. If I would rotate it in any direction, he would get mad.)Here he is holding it.And here is a picture after Mom helped him hang it on the wall. Do you like the yellow in these pictures? Caleb picked out that color for his room. It is a muted and restrained color, just like Caleb. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!)Speaking of Mom, this is the card that he made Mary for Mother's day. We painted our room recently and this is the art that Grace and Caleb made for it. Grace's painting is on the left, Caleb's is on the right.
I guess we need one French story for this post. Back in February, Grace got sick and needed medicine. I poured her a little cup of medicine and set it on the counter. She picked it up, raised it, and said to me, "A votre santé."

2 comments:

Sally said...

Where in the world did Grace pick up the French? Oh, was it your former house partners? I LOVE Caleb's painting. He could do one like that for me and I would frame it and hang it in my house (the one with all the color). Yeah, Caleb is about as restrained as you and Mary. Love, Mom

Jared said...

The French comes from Ratatouille, of course. Where else would you pick up a foreign language? And do you really think our neighbors where often saying "Cheers" to our children?