Friday, May 23, 2008

Do You Like YouTube?

I know. Everyone loves YouTube. But how do you navigate it? Are you like Oliver and prefer Ken Lee? Or are you more like Kirty and go for Diet Coke and Mentos?

Maybe you like to start with music. Is it The Killers? Or maybe a funny folk, comedy duo? Maybe you like the new song from OneRepublic? Or how about the incredible Regina Spektor? What about the latest Gnarles Barkley?

Maybe you prefer to start with dancing? How about the sickest dancing you have ever seen in your life? (This dancing is so off the hook, I don't even know what to say.)

Or maybe you just like some crazy guitar music? (Thanks to my nephew Andrew for the tip.)

My children like to watch the Swedish Chef.

Where do you start and where does it take you?

6 comments:

Sally said...

Okay, I want dozens of bottles of diet Coke and cases and cases of Mentos. That was incredible! Totally loved the guitar music. During my folk music phase I was also hooked on Spanish classical guitar. Complete respect for the performer and judges of the first dancing video. The others, waht a mix. Thanks for sharing. Mom

Jared said...

I really love Andy McKee on the guitar. He is incredible. The diet Coke and Mentos is wild. Dan and Kirty even did it for Quentin's birthday. (Obviously, not quite as much.)

I love the new Gnarles Barkley song and them message they are sending about their art.

I cannot believe you don't like both of the dance routines. They are just unbelieveable.

Oliver said...

I'm a little heavy on the music, but otherwise I do it all.

Going On is brilliant. What strikes me is artist's desire to move along his own path while recognizing that this new place will have a "place for you" as well, the inevitable outcome of true originality.

nikko said...

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. Now all my boys want to do is watch Swedish Chef videos. ;o) Even two year old Peter walks around singing "bork bork bork!" It's been fun to relive my childhood, though.

We watch a a wide variety -- usually David looks up airplane stuff, and the boys like Brainiac videos, too.

Clara said...

This morning I got up really early and made noise until Daddy let me use the computer. I watched the donut video and each time it finished started grunting and pointing, asking Daddy to play it again. It's very funny.

beezbond said...

youtube is interesting in two regards to me
1 it feeds rhe voyeuristic appetite with a vast array of content
2 it provides a common platform of sharing what one values
an intriguing tool