Sunday, April 22, 2007

Robert's Birthday

Life has been crazy for the last month. I have not blogged, but I wanted to write about Robert. Rebecca posted a picture and a note to her blog on his birthday. We are in debt to her for all she has done and does for us.

I cannot believe it has been a year since he has died. We have had a real up and down year. We miss Robert. I haven't stopped thinking of him with time, but it has changed the nature of the way I think about him. Still, I hurt. I believe Mary feels the same way. But we have been blessed through this long year.

We decided to remember Robert by celebrating, giving gifts, and serving. First, we got a birthday cake to celebrate. Second, we visited the cemetery and brought Robert flowers and balloons. Here are pictures: Lastly, we remembered Robert by taking dinner to friends and making cookies for others. We tried to help those who helped us and others that needed help. It was a good way for us to remember Robert. We were supported by many and wanted to do something small to pass the help along.

2 comments:

Oliver said...

You are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

The balloon picture is beautiful. You are an amazing family and have experienced a lot. I really look up to you and am impressed by your example.

I Love the posts, its fun to see what has been going on in Boston! Tell everyone hello from Tara and Morgan. We love you. Love Aunt Jen