Sunday, April 29, 2007

Updates

Today's news and updates:

Joshua—He laughed for the first time yesterday. He has not mastered laughing, but I cannot wait to hear him on a regular basis. Changes happen quickly in newborns and they are fun to see.

Caleb—He picked up a new word today. I have no idea where he learned it. The word? "Diabolical."

Grace—The new soccer season started for her. She had an excellent first game. She chased the ball all over the pitch, had a few shots on goal and made a couple of nice defensive stops. I hope she has fun and gets to the ball. Anything else is gravy.

Church Today—The Relief Society was in charge of Sacrament meeting this week. They sang a version of "As Sisters in Zion". It made me think of my brother, Oliver. He loves that song.

Best Topic Ever for a Church Talk—A family moved into our ward a couple of months ago. They spoke during Sacrament meeting in March. The man spoke about drawing nearer to God as a "multi-dimensional, non-linear system". That might be the best topic ever for a church talk. Can you imagine being a member of a Bishopric and assigning the topic of "your multi-dimensional, non-linear system of drawing closer to God"? I don't think our Bishopric assigned the topic that way, but it would be a beautiful thing if they had.

3 comments:

nikko said...

It's so fun to watch newborns learn new things. Laughing babies are fun!

Diabolical. That's a great word.

Hope Grace's soccer goes well. Our boys are just now wrapping up their season.

I'm thinking any talk that includes the words "multi-dimensional" and "non-linear system" would appeal to a certain man who lives in my house. ;o)

Oliver said...

Never the same without me singing in the Sally wig:

As sisters in Zion
we'll all eat together.
The blessings of heaven
on our food we'll seek.

We'll build up the kingdom
with righteous digestion,
we'll comfort the hungry,
and feed the weak.

OnCallMom said...

Those are great updates! I wish I was there to hear the whole sacrament meeting talk. :)