Guess what? She did it. On the afternoon of May 19th, Mary finished hand quilting the binding on Joshua's baby quilt and Rebecca was born later that evening. It took Mary a while to figure out what would be the right pattern for Joshua's blanket. When she thought of things Joshua loves, she knew the quilt needed a panda or polar bear print. She created a quilt that brought both of the animals together.
She is going to name the quilt "Sausage and Eggs" because that is what Joshua calls his favorite stuffed panda and polar bear. (Joshua loves cooking, he especially loves to cook breakfast, he loves to make and eat sausage and eggs, and he loves panda bears and polar bears. So he decided to call his stuffed panda bear "Eggs" and his stuffed polar bear "Sausage.") Here is the panda bear (Eggs) front:
8 comments:
It looks great. And I love the name of Sausage and Eggs
Another spectacular quilt by Mary!!
I still need to make one for Delainey!!!
Tell Mary she is amazing! It is beautiful!
Beautiful quilt, Mary!
so had she finished the quilt earlier would Rebekkah had arrived sooner
Mary,
The quilt looks wonderful! I like the Irish-chain like pattern with the pandas. (I'm glad you found fabric-- every time I shop, I look for panda and polar bear fabric)
Wow, Mary! I'm impressed. My baby's due in less than 2 weeks--do you think you can make him a quilt in time? Because I certainly can't. : )
It was wonderful seeing you! Let's do it again soon.
The quilt is gorgeous. I love the vivid colors on the front.
I wish half the stuff on MY to do lists ever got done. I'm so impressed that you can say that about Mary. Mary, you rock!
Post a Comment