Last night, the power went out during dinner preparation time. We ordered pizza and I went to picked it up. Rebecca was grumpy and hungry. I took her with me so she would not bother Mary after a long day. We drove to the store and picked up the pizza. The minute we walked out of the store, Rebecca started hitting the pizza box. She knew what was in it and wanted to eat. I buckled her into her car seat and put the pizza boxes on the passenger's seat in front. She went ballistic. She was so upset that I had pizza and would not share it with her. She cried the whole way home. To know and love pizza and to recognize the pizza box before you are one year old means you belong to our family!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
More Sleep
We can always use a little more sleep in our house. Lately, Rebecca has been trying to consolidate her nap schedule. She is moving away from two naps to one long nap. She usually starts her long nap at 10:30. The other day she missed going down for her nap in the morning. Lunch was not as successful as usual.
While lunch was not a success, much of the rest of her life is. She has started walking full time. (All of our children have started walking before their first birthday. What a travesty.) She is getting into things, has learned to climb the ladder to our play structure in back, and is generally causing age appropriate trouble. Here she is playing with the camera case.
She is a happy little camper and fits into the family. An illustrative story about how she belongs:
Last night, the power went out during dinner preparation time. We ordered pizza and I went to picked it up. Rebecca was grumpy and hungry. I took her with me so she would not bother Mary after a long day. We drove to the store and picked up the pizza. The minute we walked out of the store, Rebecca started hitting the pizza box. She knew what was in it and wanted to eat. I buckled her into her car seat and put the pizza boxes on the passenger's seat in front. She went ballistic. She was so upset that I had pizza and would not share it with her. She cried the whole way home. To know and love pizza and to recognize the pizza box before you are one year old means you belong to our family!
Last night, the power went out during dinner preparation time. We ordered pizza and I went to picked it up. Rebecca was grumpy and hungry. I took her with me so she would not bother Mary after a long day. We drove to the store and picked up the pizza. The minute we walked out of the store, Rebecca started hitting the pizza box. She knew what was in it and wanted to eat. I buckled her into her car seat and put the pizza boxes on the passenger's seat in front. She went ballistic. She was so upset that I had pizza and would not share it with her. She cried the whole way home. To know and love pizza and to recognize the pizza box before you are one year old means you belong to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wonderful post, Jared. Cute, cute little girl. I had no idea you hooked them onto pizza at such a young age. I hope only you are doing the cold and for breakfast pizza, which I find disgusting even for you.
We don't do the cold pizza for breakfast thing any more. Not even me. Actually, I rarely get any leftovers from pizza.
Usually, there aren't any to be had.
Post a Comment