Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Breakfast

Life is a roller coaster. There are many ups and downs. This morning was an unexpected up for our family.

Mary got up around 6:30 AM to feed Joshua. (Joshua is going three hours between feedings overnight with next to no time awake after feedings, a blessing.) They climbed back in bed with me at 7:00 AM. We talked and kissed little Joshua. Grace and Caleb joined us in bed within ten minutes. All five of us were lying in bed talking and laughing.

Then I got up and made some eggs for breakfast. Mary cut up the banana bread she and Grace made on Sunday and we all sat down to breakfast. We had a slow breakfast together as the day was starting. I got showered while Mary helped Grace and Caleb get dressed. Mary showered while I dressed Joshua and got lunches together. We all left for school or work together.

It really does not get any better than a calm morning with your family. I love time together. I want to hold my family close to me. What a great morning.

I hope we have many more mornings like that in store.

1 comment:

nikko said...

Wow. A slow breakfast. We don't have those around here. :o)

Glad you had an enjoyable morning. Sounds like you all are loving baby Joshua!