- Doughnuts on the morning of a birthday. I am not sure how this tradition started, but we have doughnuts for breakfast on birthday mornings in our house. I believe this is a tradition my brother Oliver could get behind.
- We have about five dozen flowers in the house. Mom got two dozen yellow roses from Dad and a dozen roses, tulips, and lilies from her parents. Add that to some flowers from Joshua's birth and we have flowers to celebrate.
- Grace and Caleb wanted to celebrate by bowling. We went to the local candlepin bowling alley. (An eastern Canadian and New England variation on bowling.) We were gracious and let Mom win. Okay, most of us were. Grace was too good and won. Mom did come in second place.
- Mary and I took the clan to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art because Mom loves illustrated children's books. We had a great time. There were art projects for the children and a library. Mom loved the three galleries of Eric Carle, Richard Yard, and Quentin Blake picture book art. (Quentin Blake did the art for The BFG by Roald Dahl that I read growing up. Cool to see it on a museum wall.) I think all of us went home happy. Okay, maybe dad was not happy that we took mom to a museum where we knew she would enjoy the museum shop too much. Sorry Dad.
- Lastly, we had people over tonight for cake and ice cream. Marci made a delicious cake and Mom got to see some of our friends.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Celebrating Sally
We have had a few busy days with my Mom in town. She flew in the day before her birthday. Talk about a sacrifice! We appreciate her coming to help. Since it was her birthday, we had to celebrate. This is what we have done:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment