Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Caleb's Adventures in Lexicography

Caleb has recently used competent in a sentence. I am not sure where he learned that word. He surprises me with the words he uses. Then he uses it properly and I am not convinced he knows what some of these words mean.
Caleb got a small toy plane today. He was asking me to put it together for him while we were in the car. I said, "I don't know if we will have enough time to do it when we get home."

Then he handed it to me and I assembled it in the car. Then I handed it back to him and said, "Here it is Caleb."

He looked at the plane and said, "Fantastic!"

Is that how a three-year old talks?
Grace and Caleb were talking in the car. Grace was upsetting Caleb and he yelled, "Quit messing me around."
The other day, Mary was taking Grace to soccer. Caleb and Joshua were along for the ride. They pulled up to a stoplight and there was a woman crossing the street in front of them. Caleb rolled down his window and yelled, "Hey lady, do you want a tickle?"

Who yells that at someone? Mary does not think that the woman heard what he said, but she wasn't sure since she was rolling on the floor.

(Not a lexicography story, but still a Caleb adventure.)

1 comment:

eric said...

that stinks that the lady did not hear him, it probably would of made her day.