Monday, May 07, 2007

Clean Up on Aisle 10

On Saturday night, Mary and I were getting Grace and Caleb ready for bed. Caleb turned to me and said, "Dad, are you my ally?"

I looked back at him, stifled the snarky comment ("No, I am part of the axis") and said, "Caleb, what is an ally?"

He replied, "I don't know."

I said, "Oh, ally means that you work together and help each other. Caleb, I am your ally."

This did not seem to phase him and he went back to playing trains.
On Sunday, I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Grace, Caleb and Mary. Grace was hungry and continually asked me when I would be done. I told her to be patient.

When I finished the sandwiches she walked over and said, "Is this my tantalizing sandwich?"

I asked her, "Did you say tantalizing?"

She said, "Yes."

Okay.
Did my children swallow a dictionary while I wasn't looking? And why are they throwing it up?

3 comments:

Oliver said...

To be tormented by the desire for a pb&j. Definitely related to me.

Sally said...

In second grade you were functioning at an 11th grade level in your vocabulary work at school. Uh. The apple. Falling. Love, Mom

nikko said...

What a tantalizing post! ;o)