Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cooking 101

Joshua still loves to cook. He loves to play in the basement with the toy kitchen. He is always at the counter when you cook. If you plan on cooking while he is napping, you better be done before he wakes up or you will have some explaining to do.

We wanted to have homemade rolls the other night. We had to start baking while Joshua slept. He woke up as we had just started making the dough. He came downstairs and took one look at the counter and started to push a chair over. As he looked at the Kitchen Aid mixer and flour container, he decided that we had to be making a bread product.

How do I know that? Before he got up on the chair to properly see all the ingredients, he started asking for yeast. He was disappointed to find out Mary had already added the yeast.

And me? I was astounded that my two-year old knew what yeast was. I think I knew what yeast was by the time I was ten or twelve and my dad made bread in our house growing up.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Are you training this child to do all of your cooking by the time he is five?

Janene said...

Hmm, your kids know what yeast is at age 2; Matt's kids know what a non-newtonian fluid is at age 9 . . . I think it's a family thing. That's fun!