Sunday, February 22, 2009

Suprise

I don't usually buy flowers on Valentine's Day. I love flowers but hate to pay the mark up on flowers around Valentine's Day. It is know that I would rather pay for two bunches of Martin Luther King Day and St. Patrick's Day flowers than to buy Valentine's Day flowers. The Valentine's Day flowers won't last as long and will cost too much.

This year, Valentine's Day was on a Saturday. Joshua and I ran errands to Costco and there wasn't any mark up on their flowers. So I got some for Mary. They were good flowers (smelled great, looked great, didn't last as long as I hoped). The pay-off was in bringing them home. Mary was really surprised to get flowers on Valentine's Day.

Just goes to show that it is all about the expectations.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yeah for unexpected flowers, even if given on a holiday. I seldom feel that Costo flowers last long enough, especially their roses. Mom