Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy (Belated) New Year

When I was in elementary school I did not think about Chinese New Year. I probably did not know what it was. I knew what it was in high school. (Actually, Matt knew more about Chinese New Year than I did. He can tell you how to celebrate it with the Fine Young Cannibals on the radio.)

Grace and Caleb heard about Chinese New Year in school this year. Both of them told Mary about it. They wanted to do something to celebrate it. So we got Chinese take out for dinner. It amazes me what they are learning.

(In my department at work, the Chinese New Year celebration has been the same for the last ten years or more. We got out for dim sum in Chinatown. I got to go out for dim sum at lunch and then have take out for dinner. Now that is a good day.)

No comments: