- Sunday we were in the master bedroom. She found a pair of socks on the floor. She took both of the socks over to the hamper and put them in. I know she has seen us put clothes in the hamper, but it was funny that she choose to put them in the hamper for the whites instead of the one for the colors. I looked at her and told her she was a funny girl.
- Later, she was watching me change my socks. I took off my old one and it fell onto the floor near her. She saw that I was putting on new socks so she picked up the one that fell and tried to put it on. She could not do it, but she knew what I was doing with the sock and tried to do the same thing.
- Mary picked me up at work today. When Mary pulled up, Rebecca started to say, "Dada, dada, dada." No one said that we were at Dad's work, but I guess she recognizes the outside of the building or other contextual clues. She only started saying it once Mary pulled up.
- This evening, Mary had to tell Rebecca, "No." After a firm "no", Rebecca stopped what she was doing. She paused and then began to blow raspberries at Mary.
Children certainly grow up fast.
This was written while listening to "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. I think I like this song.
1 comment:
Oh, my! Watch what you do. She is picking it all up.
Post a Comment