Monday, April 19, 2010

Harry and Us

In our house, we like Harry Potter. I have been reading the books to the children this year and they have really taken to them. Joshua will even listen once in a while. He definitely understands that it is a family activity, though he always wishes that it did not take so long to read a chapter. (He is usually ready for the next activity to begin before we finish a chapter.) We have had a few funny moments in our lives due to all of the Harry reading.

For example, today we went out to eat. Caleb was surprised at something as we were walking to the restaurant. The next thing I heard from him is "Merlin's beard."

On Sunday, Grace, Joshua, Rebecca and I were upstairs. Grace was goofing around and I said, "Grace, that's enough it is time for a tickle."

I picked her up and tried to get her on the bed. She said to me, "Stop that. You're Voldemort."

I looked at her and said, "No, I am not. I am Voldepoppa."

I put her on the bed and Joshua jumped over to help free Grace. We were all wrestling, so Rebecca decided to investigate. She grunted at me that she wanted to come up on the bed. I lifted her up and told Grace and Joshua that she was with me.

Grace said, "Yeah, then who is she?"

I said, "She is Voldesquirt."

After that we couldn't wrestle because we were all laughing.

3 comments:

Sally said...

That was a great chuckle. Thanks for providing it.

Unknown said...

LOL! Jeff is reading book 2 to Nicole right now. Emma thinks it takes too long too.

mattandhonor said...

AWESOME!!!