We had a great Christmas. Santa was more than generous with the children. Add that to the gifts relative sent and we had more than we needed. The surprise was Grace and Caleb loved every gift.
Usually there are a couple of toys with which the children do not play. It is inevitable. Something just doesn't work out for some reason. That did not happen this year. Grace has used all of her art supplies and kits. Caleb has played with every toy he received. There is no end to the fun the children have had. This is all due to Mary. She is the genius behind the operation. All of the gifts she picked out worked.
Though she is a genius, there still are difficult situations. With this pregnancy she is in full-time nesting mode. She was ready to take down decorations last week. We went back and forth on this and somehow I convinced her to leave them up until January 6. I am still shocked that I was able to talk her into that arrangement.
Then could you imagine my shock when I had this conversation with Grace on January 1?
Grace said, "Dad, it is time to take down all of the Christmas decorations."
"Why?" I protested.
"Well, it is January and Christmas is over. We can put them away and set up the crib to get ready for the baby."
"MARY!!" I screamed, "Did you put her up to this?"
Mary came from the next room and said, "No. What did she say?"
I told her of the conversation and she was laughing so hard because she really did not put her up to it.
I do get the benefit of living with a genius, but I need to remember she has a mini-me sidekick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment