Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Cheatin' Heart

Aunt Kristin, Grandma, Grandpa, Caleb and I were playing Chutes and Ladders last Sunday. Caleb likes to play (and win) games. During the game, he had not had a chance to go up a ladder and was approaching the longest ladder on the board.

First he was 5 squares away. We all said, "Caleb if you spin a 5, you can go up the ladder."

He spun a 2 and was upset. We consoled him by saying, "Next turn you can spin a 3."

Next turn he spun another 2 and was sad. We said, "Don't worry, you can still spin a 1 and go up the long ladder."

He waited until it was his turn and asked, "Now, I need a 1, right?"

We said, "Yes."

So he spun and got a 3. Since that is not a a 1, he spun again and got a 6. Then a 2. Then a 5. He wanted a 1 and would not stop until he got it.

Grace was watching and she stopped the spinner on 1 so Caleb could get the number he wanted.

Caleb said, "No, Grace don't do that!"

Grace replied, "Caleb, I am trying to help you get a 1."

Caleb said, "But Grace, that's CHEATING!"

5 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Great story!! and I was so glad to check your blog and find a new post!! Way to go! Are you busy over there with a new baby or something?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is too funny! The poor kid (well, and you and I for that matter too) come by it honestly though.... I hate to point fingers but....
Hope you guys are doing well!
Laura

Jared said...

Lisa, it has been busy of late, but I do need to get around to posting again.

One of these days I may pull a Marci and throw 8 or 9 posts up.

nikko said...

That is a great story. It always pays to be honest! ;o) How is baby Joshua doing?

Jen said...

Funny!! It's good to hear you again. You have been missed. Can we get an update on Joshua? I guess we could call you sometime...but we want pictures.