On March 3rd, Oliver, Kristin, and Clara visited us. (They came for the baby blessing and I am just now posting.) Here are a couple of pictures of the cousins. They really hit it off, though we could not get them all to look at the camera at the same time.

Caleb had a GREAT time. He loves Uncle Oliver. In fact, he calls Oliver "Uncle". (Caleb has other uncles, but there is only one "Uncle".) Oliver had only been here a few minutes before he was playing "Arabian Nights" (from Aladdin) on the piano for Caleb. It is Caleb and Oliver's special song. We all sing along at the top of our lungs. The smile on Caleb's face was radiant. I think Caleb trailed Oliver around for most of their visit. Though he had to say good night to them, he tried to be with them first thing in the morning. Caleb would try to be with them even when Clara was sleeping.

Thank you, Oliver and Kristin, for watching out for Caleb!
They arrived on March 3rd, Oliver's birthday. Now, Oliver believes in big parties and only trusts himself to throw the appropriate size and style party. We could not throw a big party, but we (really Grace) did show some signs of welcome.

For decorations, Dale blew up 30+ balloons and Sally bought a dozen helium balloons. (Dale was overzealous in the balloon inflation department and we had balloons haphazardly popping throughout the next day. [Can I tell you how much Clara and Joshua liked that?] I know you are shocked that Dale could be overzealous about anything, but you will have to trust me.)
For a cake, we got a huge chocolate cake from Costco. Then we "decorated" it with 8 fresh cannolis from
Mike's Pastry. I have to admit that it was a great way to do a cake. I believe it was Mary's idea. It might not have been an
Oliver party, but it was a nice start if nothing else.
After everyone else left for the weekend, they stayed for a couple of extra days. We hung out together, baked cookies, and had a
great dinner. (Don't worry, it was during restaurant week so it was more reasonably priced. Fun to be out and pretending like we are adults. The Mudricks came along with, as well. Oliver really needs to do the food write-up.) It was great for them to be here and we had a great time together.
Lastly, here are some pictures. Clara was hungry and Grace and Caleb were jumping in and out of the picture. If nothing else, they are realistic.
2 comments:
Whats up with all the pictures of Oliver asleep/just waking up, do I need to post some as well? Did I miss the memo? Nice pictures of the kids. Eric|wt
You must have missed the memo. Any pictures you have of Oliver sleeping or having just woken up should be posted.
Post a Comment