With Joshua's birth it has been almost two months since I last played basketball. This unexpectedly long break was due to an untimely series of sprained ankles just before his birth. I schedule about a month of "paternity leave" from basketball after each child's birth. This allows me to get in the way at home and prove myself a sufficient nuisance until Mary "persuades" me to go play again. Mary recently encouraged me to get back to hooping.
My paternity leave officially ended tonight. I was out on the court sucking wind, jogging slowly down on offense, and chucking bricks from everywhere.
Boy did it feel good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nothing wrong with a brick here or there, it happens. It is nice to know that you only jog slowly on ofense, it doesn't matter if you miss a shot as long as you try to get it back on D. May thy days of bricks me few and far between. eric|wt
Yeah, I rarely make it down on offense. Oh well. At least it is fun to be back out there playing.
Post a Comment