Monday, November 05, 2007

Caleb's Contractions

I love how children play with words. They move them around and combine them in ways adults don't. For example, we were talking with Caleb's nursery leader from last year and she told us of a lesson when they discussed the sacrament. She asked the children if they knew the proper name for eating the bread and drinking the water. Caleb raised his hand and said, "the snackrament".

This week in church, Caleb was sitting next to me while I was holding Joshua. Joshua is at the stage where he lunges at people or things he wants. Joshua lunged at Caleb and Caleb said, "Dad, Joshua attackled me."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Where does he get the funny words. I wish I had the sense to combine some words, creating far more interesting ones.
Hope all is well in Boston. Love Jen

nikko said...

Snackrament! Ha! I'll have to remember that one.

Sally said...

The big ones for you kids were hangaburger and ouchra. Mom