Our house currently has four bipeds and one quadruped. Joshua has learned how to crawl on all fours and is becoming faster each day. He loves to pull up on anything he can reach. He has not achieved the homo erectus stage of life, but it is coming soon.
Joshua is no longer a two-toothed wonder. He has five teeth that have broken through and one more nearly there. He is our fastest teether by far.
The lesson topic was Thanksgiving for tonight's family night. Mary read a book with some great details about the pilgrims. Unfortunately, even Grace had a hard time following it. The book ends by referencing Plymouth Rock with this sentence: "It is the rock on which our nation began."
To which, Caleb loudly exclaims, "Red Sox Nation!"
A child armed with the important geopolitical information.
I have a new guilty pleasure. On Monday nights, I like to watch The Big Bang Theory. It is filled with real nerdy characters. I don't know who is getting all the jokes unless the geeks are watching. The jokes are nerdy and I laugh at most of them. I won't say it is the highest quality entertainment, but if you want to watch a funny show about nerds, then this is the show for you. (Although if you want a show with nerdy characters now is a good time for you. Between Numb3rs, Chuck, and The Big Bang Theory, you have options.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shows about nerds? Sounds like it's right up our alley. Except we're so nerdy and cheap that we really don't watch t.v. Wonder if I even know how to still turn it on, LOL.
Post a Comment