Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Joshua's New Talent
Joshua is picking new things up every day. Before bedtime we usually sing a song or two. (Most of them are the Primary songs the children learn at church.) This past year, Grace and Caleb have learned "Called to Serve" and it is one of the songs that we often sing at night. I taught them that sometimes an extra "Go" can be inserted in the chorus between the refrains of "onward" and "forward." Joshua has picked up on the "Go." So when we sing "Called to Serve" he is quiet through the song, until after the second "onward." Then he will belt out a "Go" and stay silent for the rest of the song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bedtime songs are fun traditions. I always sing one Primary song then leave for Kristin to sing another song before putting Clara down. Clara has recently decided that she wants to pick the songs Kristin sings. So as I walk out of the room I always hear her say, "Bus, bus" for "Wheels on the Bus." Next comes "da dee da dee" which is the ABC song. Then she clenches her hand in and out of a fist for "Popcorn Popping." And last, she wiggles her fingers for "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
Way to go squashy!!! I love it when they start to sing!!
Glad to hear his music class is paying off in a big way. What fun! Mom
how many notes does he have in his songs
Post a Comment