Monday, January 19, 2009

'Cause My Wife Can Outshop Your Wife

This is the weekend that we always get next year's clothes for the children. It is a tradition that we stumbled onto when Grace was six months old. We were out on the weekend of Martin Luther King Day and decided to go into the Gap. They were blowing out the clothes. We realized that this was the weekend to shop and it has been a tradition ever since.

Saturday was our shopping day this year. We went to Old Navy where all the clearance items were 50% off. Mary found:
  • One pair of pants for Herbert Nenninger.
  • Four shirts, a hooded sweatshirt, and sweatpants for Joshua.
  • One pair of flip-flops, one pair of slippers, seven shirts, two fleeces, and two pairs of pants for Caleb.
  • One pair of pants, one pair of flip-flops, and one shirt for Grace.
How much did those 22 items of clothing cost? $56.00.

Mary knows when to find a deal on new clothes. (Caleb got more clothes because he likes the style of Old Navy clothes and needed more this year.)

7 comments:

bbond said...

what a steal! if you can resist the urge to buy whatever you want whenever you want life is so much easier. patience is worth lots of dollas

Anonymous said...

Mary, you are my kind of woman! I love shopping at this time of year. I got $170 worth of clothes for $14 at Kohl's on Friday. Frugal Frannie all the way!!

nikko said...

Sweet! I found clothes at Christmas for my boys off the clearance rack at Old Navy, too.

I also have been known to frequent thrift stores. Taboo for some, but I don't have a problem paying 99 cents for a new pair of jeans. ;o)

Rhonda Miller said...

You totally scored! My best bargain (although not actually needed, but so very cute!) was a beautiful skirt and jacket for Ivy for church - next year! Regular price $70. I paid $17. Makes me so happy to get a deal!

Sally said...

Your friends could afford to pay you to do their kids clothing shopping. Sally

mattandhonor said...

Way to go Mary-as usual!! Much to the detriment of my family I don't have that gene in my system. Glad it's out there for others-and well deserving others I might add!!
I think we're getting an Old Navy near our house soon though!!

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

That's awesome! I'll need to remember that for next year! That's why Caleb said at babysitting swap that he got new flip-flops in single digit degree weather:) And I loved his new baseball slippers....can mary be my personal shopper?!?!?