Monday, January 12, 2009

A Saturday Trip (Updated)

I forgot to mention that I saw a guy at the mall wearing a cool t-shirt. It even took me a moment to realize what he was wearing. This is what it looked like.

I love Pixar! (I also added a new photo to a story below.)
We went to the mall on Saturday. The reason for the trip was Grace and Caleb got Target gift cards for Christmas. We had promised they could use them this weekend. When we got to Target, it was completely picked over. Target did not have what the children wanted. We told them we would take them to the mall if they would give us the gift cards. (We can always use money for Target.) They quickly agreed.

We did not go to our "normal" mall, but one that is a little farther away. The reason for the pilgrimage was an American Girl store located in that mall. Grace wanted to check it out and use the gift card (and a little of her money) to get something.

We split up at the mall. Grace, Joshua and Mom went to check out the American Girl store. Caleb and I went to the Lego store. Caleb and I found a nice gift fairly quickly and went to find the girls. It took a couple of minutes, but we did eventually find the store. (Just follow the trail of girls carrying dolls.) They had a great time. The store had a bistro, a salon to fix a doll's hair, and tons of toys and outfits. Mary and Grace were in seventh heaven.

They got out of there without too much damage and they are looking forward to going back there soon. (Although, I might need to confiscate money, credit cards, and any spare change if they start going there a lot.)
Speaking of the Lego store, I saw a great t-shirt there. A child was wearing a Nike shirt that said, "Your Mom paid me to take it easy on you." I laughed. Could you imagine playing soccer or basketball on the playground with a kid wearing that shirt?

Do you know why it really made me laugh? I often wonder what happened to different groups from high school. What happens to the jocks? Where do they end up? What happens to the nerds? Where do they congregate after school?

Ever since Caleb got into Lego, I figured out one place nerds congregate. It is at the Lego store. They are there with the next generation. (Or they are still there for themselves.) Given that fact, I am a little surprised if the kids at the Lego store are the great athletes, but that is just me.
Caleb told us that the Bionicle that he bought was a "bad guy" on the way home. Mary asked him if the other Bionicles were going to revolt when Caleb brought home a bad guy to all the other good guys.

Grace said, "What is a revolt?"

After a couple seconds pause, Mary said, "It is an uprising."

I said, "Were you trying to decide between that and an insurgence?" Caleb thought that this post needed a picture of his Bionicle, Tarouk.
A little further down the road, we passed a car that was pulled over by the police. It was pulled over right in front of the State Police barracks. Either that guy did not notice the two signs announcing the police barracks or he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Maybe both apply in this case.
Sometimes we drive on the Massachusetts Turnpike. I am always grateful when we get off on 95/128 and don't have to head into Boston. Did you know it costs an extra $1.15 to go 1/4 of a mile further on the Turnpike?

3 comments:

Sally said...

Ooooh! I can hardly wiat to do the American Girls store with the girls. Loved all of your posts. Mom

Anonymous said...

If Caleb likes Legos you guys should check out the product Zoob. A co-worker told me about it and they are pretty cool. Hayden loves his set he got at Christmas.

mattandhonor said...

So I loved the "uprising" comment!! It's no wonder all of our children have rather unually advanced vocabularies!!

We've never had Zoob, but they look really cool! Way too many construction toys at our house!