Friday, October 20, 2006

A Chip off the Old ... Ow!

Yesterday I was cutting up oranges for dinner. Caleb asked if he could help. The formula works this way:

3-year old + boy + knife = trouble

Since I am his father, I decided I should teach about knife safety. I told him only adults could use knives. Also, I showed him were to place his hands and how to cut. The two of us cut his orange into quarters. By then, Grace wanted to cut an orange. After a short safety demonstration, we cut her orange into quarters. That left one more orange to cut. I wanted to get it done, so I told them this was my orange.

I promptly cut my thumb.

So much for knife safety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my morning chuckle Jared. I'm loving your blog, by the way. Hope your thumb feels better soon.

Sally said...

Hilarious! Such a good example for your children!:( Glad you hve all those smarts to work with. Love you, Mom