I love words. The imprecision of their preciseness captivate me. Random statements out of context make me laugh. Some of us struggle to find the perfect word. The rest of us choose words poorly and hope we don't sound foolish. Some things that have been overheard recently:
In church, Caleb to Grace holding Chapstick, "Hey, I want some make up."
Caleb after applying the Chapstick, "There, I am all polished."
Dad speaking to Mom over dinner, "Hey, your tail is way bigger than mine."
Caleb to Mary, "I'm mad at you Mom, I'm not going to share my bed with you anymore."
Caleb to the food at dinner, "Disgrossting." (Yeah for contractions!)
Grace telling us she did not want to play soccer this week, "My gas tank is broken."
Grace on her life plans, "When I'm nine, I am still going to be an artist. But, not when I am ten."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment