Grace and Caleb love to play on the computer. When they are not surfing children's websites (PBS Kids and Sesame Street are two favorites), they view the pictures on our computer. The family blogs are their latest discovery. They love to see their aunts, uncles, and cousins and hear the latest news. The other evening the three of us were surfing and came across a post from Kristin about her pregnancy.
I clicked on the first picture and Grace and Caleb said, "Look, its Aunt Kristin."
Then I clicked on next picture and they shouted, "Its UNCLE!"
Then Grace adds, "And Lovey."
Now, Oliver and Kristin have a pet name for each other: Lovey. Grace and Caleb know this nickname, so they borrowed it. (I think they may be slightly confused about the it, though. I was telling Mary how Grace called Kristin "Lovey" and Grace said, "But Uncle is Lovey, too.")
Children have an amazing ability to pick up on the smallest things. Of course, it usually the things that you don't want them to pick up on that are the most memorable. Like the time Grace went up to my mother and said, "Cute bottom, lady." I have no idea where she might have heard such a phrase. Also, I am baffled as to why Caleb called Mary "sexy lady" at Target the other day.
Where could my children have heard such things? Surely, they must have heard them somewhere...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay. A couple of minutes later and I am still laughing. Watch YOUR mouth, young man! Mom
Post a Comment