We went apple picking yesterday. It was a beautiful, fall, New England day. The perfect day for apple picking; sunny, mid 60s, with autumnal colors splashed across the trees.
If yesterday was picking, that can only mean one thing for today: apple pie. We have a family system for making an apple pie. Grace and Caleb add ingredients. I cut apples (seven beautiful Mutsu apples today). The children add the apple slices, stir the sugar and cinnamon, and eat apple skin. Mary prepares the crust for the pie tin.
After I had finished cutting and was cleaning up, I walked past Mary putting the apples into the pie dish. She was rearranging each slice so they all lined up. Now, we did have a lot of apple slices, but is that impressive or obsessive?
(Full disclosure: The pie was excellent, but the apple slices take longer to cook when rearranged shoulder-to-shoulder.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment