When people asked me what I was doing this Christmas vacation, I had one of two answers ready. Depending on the day, I replied with one of the following:
"Sit on our rear ends and watch them get bigger."
"Find a way to sleep in one day."
It has been a long time since I really slept in. Young children are not conducive to sleeping in. But today, we achieved this goal. I really did not sleep in that long. I got up with the children but managed to fall back asleep. I got back up around 9:20 and the family finished eating breakfast at 9:48. Usually we are wrapping up at 8:00 am on a late morning.
After breakfast, Caleb came up to me and said, "Dad, can we please snuggle?"
So, we had a late breakfast and then went right back to bed. There is nothing quite like the glow you feel when you have achieved the goals you set.
(Or maybe it is a great feeling to spend a lot of time in bed.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment