Thursday, December 28, 2006

Could It Be Any Easier?

Each child seems to be incredibly adept at certain things. Caleb is an amazing sleeper. This is especially true of nap time.

When it is time to go to bed at night, he does know how to stall. Yet, he never stalls before nap time and he is even old enough to give it up. Why why would we want him to give it up when this is how he went down today?

"Caleb, it is time for your nap."

"Okay. Dad can we go run errands after my nap?"

"Sure, let's give Mom a kiss before I put you down."

"Okay." Caleb kissed Mary.

Then I took him into his bedroom and laid him down. His blankets were not there, so I went and found them. After I gave them to him, I kissed him.

Then Caleb said, "Dad, leave my blinds up."

"Okay," I said.

Then I left. The blinds are up. The light is coming in. His train table is in his room. You would think he would play. You would be wrong. He has not left his bed and fell asleep within a minute or two of me leaving. Almost every day nap time is that difficult. Sometimes it is easier because his blankets are already in his bed. At times he will remind us that he needs to take a nap.

It really should not be this easy.

(Well, life is not always this easy with him. Just nap time. But we sure do appreciate that.)

No comments: