Saturday, December 23, 2006

Honey-Do List

Due to use-it-or-lose-it vacation, I have taken a couple of days off over the last three weeks. Mary wrote a 19-point honey-do list for the our four-day weekend last week. I think we got through most of it.

Yesterday, we finally hung the "Tin Town". I am really excited. It looks great. In order to hang the Tin Town, we had to rearrange furniture and go to Home Depot, but what can you do? It was definitely worth it.

So a recap of the household activities that we have done over the last week:
  • Run errands to stores, car dealers, and banks
  • Close and adjust accounts
  • Hang the Tin Town
  • Purchase way too many things
  • Clean the house
  • Drop off gifts
  • Write and mail the Christmas letter, etc.
We could go on, but hopefully this means we should be able to enjoy Christmas a little more. I was hoping one night Mary could go to bed knowing everything on the list was done. When I told her that we may be out of things on the list she responded, "Don't worry, that only means I can start a new one."

Guess I better go clean the bathroom.

1 comment:

Jared said...

The Tin Town came from Mary's grandmother who passed away. It hangs in the front room above where the love seat used to be. (We move the genealogy cabinet underneath it.) I am not sure if it is a specific town, or just a general abstraction.