Saturday, December 30, 2006

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Two weeks ago, Grace disappeared to work on a project. Mary and I have given up guessing what a given project will be. She may make a story, a picture, a huge ball of tape. We were surprised when she walked out with papers stapled together looking very much like a kite. We asked her what it was. She said it was a kite named Bessie. She asked me to help rig up a kite string, so she could fly her "indoor kite" (her words). We found some pink yarn. In order for it to fly, we taped it to a built-in cabinet. You can see her working the kite in the breeze. It is at times like this that I wish I was Rebecca Mudrick. I would love to see what she could get out of Grace on a day like today. After Bessie joined the family, Grace worked up a couple of relatives for her. Below is a picture of Henry. And this last one is Hannah. Did I mention that she has an active imagination?

No comments: