The rain has been coming down and that is not an exaggeration. Yesterday was a dark, dreary, rainy day. Each time we went outside we were wondering how hard it would be raining. Today has been worse. The rain has continued unabated. Not only that, but yesterday morning we woke up at 6:00 am. I don't know of a better way to start your weekend than arising to the dulcet tones of jack hammers early in the morning. There was a water main break on our street and it took them most of Saturday to fix it. So we had rain plus no water and gas portions of the day.
It was not that bad, though. We were not home yesterday. I played basketball in the morning. After that, Grace had piano (and I showered at the piano teacher's house). Then Grace and Caleb each had a basketball game. That was followed by a birthday party for Caleb. Which lead to another game for Grace. We regained our breath at home for 40 minutes before going to an award ceremony for Grace. Then we rushed to the church for a primary activity. When we got home, it was past the time we were hoping to get the kids into bed on a daylight savings "spring forward" night. Because we were so busy, we did not miss the water too much. It could have been a lot worse if we were stuck at home all day.
The Primary activity was a talent show for the children. There were a number of different talents on display. One of the funnest children got up on the stage and showed how he has learned how to fake cry.
I think his older brother is glad that this is now out in the open.
During one of the prayers today, gratitude was expressed for the moisture we have received.
At what point do we need to change the word moisture? How many days did it take Noah until he stopped calling it that?
The counselor conducting services today said one of the leaders was excused because he was "building an ark." This family has had problems with flooding in their basement and I was concerned that they were under water.
Later during the services, I was told that a neighbor of this counselor needed help. I drove over there to move stuff out of the neighbor's basement. By the time I got there, everything was out of the 6 inches of water. The counselor in the Bishopric was already over there helping. He did not have water in his house, but a lake in his backyard that needed to be pumped out. As I was driving away, I saw the backyards of both houses. I understood why they were discussing whether they should charge people to swim in their backyard or stock it with fish.
It has rained so much that when we left for church, our storm drain was full and draining back onto the street. Well, draining is probably the wrong word. A small fountain about 6 inches tall was coming out of all sides of the manhole cover for the drain.
Anybody else need some rain? I think we might have some extra here. Maybe we could send it your way.…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The other night on the news the rain in the northeast was featured. So sorry. I know how we suffered in VA when we had our torrential rains in the pst ten years. The fake crying is a hoot. How about mentioning Grace's two second place trophies.
Post a Comment