I love the NCAA tournament. I don't always find the quality of play to be the highest level, but I love the excitement of close games and the shear quantity. Yesterday was a great day of games. Today has not been as good, but it still has been fun to watch.
The kids went into Joshua and Caleb's room the other morning while Joshua was still sleeping. He was not happy that they woke him up. The next thing I heard was Joshua saying, "Turn the light off and leave. I'm sleeping!"
I thought that was supposed to happen when the kids were teenagers, not when they are three.
Caleb is quickly learning how to read. He is doing quite well, though there are somethings he needs to work on. One of them is slowing him down enough to comprehend what he has read. They do a test at school where they ask the kids to read a certain number of words in a minute. Caleb did about 3 or 4 times as many words in a minute than he needed to read. Though he can read quickly, he still needs to work on some of his phonics.
At school, they also ask the kids to "tap out" words. This means they should focus on the sounds and the syllables in a word and break them down. Tonight we were out looking for a few things for our home and we asked Caleb to guess how to spell shake. It was good to see him tap it out and try to figure it out how to spell it. (The silent "e" can be tricky.)
And speaking of tapping words out, Caleb and I were talking about words a couple of months ago. He told me that he was going to tap out the word "what." Then he said it should be tapped out as w-hat. (He said "hat" the normal way and added the "w" sound to the beginning of his new word.)
He was joking around, but I thought it was telling. I like to play around with words and see if they can be turned around in weird or funny ways. It seems that Caleb might have that tendency, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
unfortunately my office cyber police proclude live tv feeds of games - but a delightful evening entertainment I have enjoyed
Post a Comment