Monday, March 15, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

We have had more rain today. I think it finally stopped around 9:00 pm. I just went outside and saw a patch of almost dry sidewalk. We have not seen that for a couple of days. There are so many problems with the rain right now. I got a free day off of work because the rain caused problems with the sewage near my work. No sewage = no one goes in the building. Too bad there was not much you could do except hang out at home.

Our neighbor went to check out a local park and took a few pictures. This park has a playground by it and a path that leads down a hill. At the bottom of the hill is a small bridge over a bucolic brook. If you cross over the bridge, you are in a large field where there is plenty of room to play Frisbee or fetch with your dog. This is what the field looked like today. Not much room to run around out there today. But what about that nice brook that the children like to wade in during the summer? Usually it comes up to just above their ankles. It looks a little different today. Hopefully we can dry out quickly. But if the ground is still frozen, I don't know where the water will go.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Incredible! Yep, I've walked that walk and watched the kids play in the present day lake. Best of luck.