Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Remembering

The spring is coming to the northeast. It isn't really here yet, but you can feel it in the air. It is starting to get warmer. The snow is almost gone from the largest piles in the parking lots. The first crocuses have pushed through the ground and the first trees buds are appearing. The winter is finally over and it is time to look forward to the new life that comes with spring. But I am not ready for spring. At this time of year, I am still dying a little on the inside. I still miss Robert and he still isn't here.

I cannot quite feel the uninhibited joy of spring. All of that joy does not sink into my heart. Though I want to be whole, I can't help but feel melancholy. I am fine with that hurt because I know that something more important than spring is coming. It is almost Easter.

And though I will always carry a scar from losing Robert, I know that Someone can heal me and His healing has begun.

Know that we still miss you Robert and will always yearn to hold you, love you and have you as part of our family.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I, too, thought the post below was written by you. How poignant both posts are. Much love and many prayers to all of you, but especially the two of you.