Rebecca was grumpy at church today. I got her to fall asleep during Sunday School, but she did not sleep long enough. I was scheduled to fill in as a teacher for the Young Men's lesson, so Mary had to take Rebecca. Rebecca screamed and was unhappy no matter what Mary did. When they sat together, Rebecca cried. When they walked the halls, Rebecca cried. When Mary put her on the ground or on the stairs, she cried. Mary did not last for one minute in her last lesson of the day. So Mary began to walk around church to find something to console Rebecca.
Mary ended up in the gym and found a basketball. Once Rebecca had a basketball in her hands, she was happy.
That child has been taught true doctrine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
March Madness.
A little too much IN-doctrination if you ask me.
If you want to know about indoctrination, that was when we ate dinner by the TV on Friday night so we could watch games as a family. Mary and I have always ordered a pizza for at least one night of games and watched while we ate.
It is really the only time that we eat in front of the TV.
And I thought you were such exemplary parents. Sigh. But as you well know, balance is what you are really teaching them.
Post a Comment