Our little Joshua is mesmerized by Disney Pixar's movie "Up". Thus, I have seen it a number of times. I am always so captivated by the beginning "story" that is presented and sets up the movie. The part that always gets me is Ellie. You know—when they decide to have children and they visit the doctor and realize this is a lost dream for them. Ellie, rightfully so, is trying to decide how to deal with life. There is a scene where Karl comes out and finds her sitting in a chair with her eyes closed, thinking, taking life in, just breathing. It is so poignant. How many times do we find ourselves needing to deal with the ups and downs of life this way? March 24th would be Robert's 4th birthday. I still miss him desperately. I still find myself at times trying to breathe and take in all that we experienced with him. He taught our family a great many lessons.
One thing that has helped me immensely are the words to this song from Hillary Weeks:
He knows your heart
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today
He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why
He hears your prayers each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone he’s never left your side
He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
Could take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you
I hope that whatever you may be struggling with that you take a chance to just breathe today. Happy birthday Robert! We love you and look forward to a day when we can be with you again!
3 comments:
Thank you for your post Jared. I always enjoy how thoughtful your words are. How you take the time to express them. And how I feel like I know a piece of your soul.
I don't know you as well as some, but from what I do know, you are an amazing father, husband and man. Robert is lucky to have a dad like you. I hope yesterday you could find some joy and peace, because you deserve it.
Take Care.
Jen,
Thanks for the compliment, but I wanted to let you know that Mary posted this. It was not me. She has posted about three times and this is one of them.
jared
Happy birthday to a very precious and special Robert! All our love and comfort to his parents and siblings!
Post a Comment