Here is a picture that I took at the cemetery that I love. It is the ladies of the family.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Robert's Birthday
We do a couple of things each year to remember Robert on his birthday. We get flowers and we each put a few down by his grave.
We buy some balloons to send up in the air. Here is the family with some of the balloons. Unfortunately, we only got the top of Joshua's head in this picture. But Mary was taking it from arm's length and it is a great picture for holding the camera out and shooting.
This is what the rest of Joshua with his balloon looks like.
Here are the balloons flying away.
We also had a dessert to celebrate Robert's birthday. This year it was cupcakes. This is Rebecca's first experience with cupcakes. It looks like she had fun!
Joshua got a soul patch from his cupcake. (Which he cleaned by wiping his face on his father's towel.)
That was some of the things we did to remember Robert.
Here is a picture that I took at the cemetery that I love. It is the ladies of the family.
See the rose that Rebecca is holding? She tried to eat a little of it. I ended up taking it away from her.
Here is a picture that I took at the cemetery that I love. It is the ladies of the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you ever think your tradition of balloons for Robert would come to be as important as it was/is when Mary suggested it for Grandpa's funeral? Thanks again Mary. Cute picture of the ladies.
That's a nice way to remember Robert. My brother Robert ("Robes") died 12 years ago and I try to do something special on his birthday. This week was the anniversary of his cancer diagnosis and I made one of his favorite recipes that I've never made before (cajun shrimp).
Hi Mary!
Saren forwarded on your blog link, and I'm glad I got a chance to get to know you a bit through the posts on here (and I must say your husband is doing a great job recording some precious moments). I'm so sorry about the loss of Robert. It looks like your family is so close and strong. I look forward to working with you on The Power of Moms.
Post a Comment