Monday, March 29, 2010

On Underestimation

In life, there are things that you overestimate and things that you underestimate. I know this reality since I am a statistician. Often, I wish that estimation was more precise. It would help me in immeasurable ways on the job. But, even if I overestimate and underestimate on my job, I dislike underestimating God. Lately, I have thought that I am underestimating some of God's power. For example, have you ever thought of the power expressed in Genesis 2:21?

"And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept…"

Wow.

For the Father to have that kind of power over any of His children is pretty amazing.

I don't think I could be trusted with that kind of power, but this morning from 4:30 AM to 5:30 AM I was thinking it would be really nice.

5 comments:

bbond said...

"...and he likened the scriptures unto himself..."

awesome!

Janene said...

That could be a dangerous power. I like the idea.

Jen said...

In my spin class our teacher has us stand and sit, stand and sit, stand and sit (while riding the bike). The whole 30 people in class rise and fall in unison. It is beautiful. I look over at my friend and say "I wish my children could be this obedient."
Apparently we will miss these days. I am anxiously anticipating the day when I will miss those sleepless nights. I am sure you are too!

nikko said...

We've had a couple weeks lately of a certain unnamed two year old who has woken me up 1-2 times a night. Ugh. It's getting old fast. What a wonderful super power this would be!

Shelly said...

And even when I tell them that the scriptures say "honor thy father and mother", they don't listen!